Monday, January 2, 2012

It's That Time Again

Time for New Year's resolutions.

Ugh.

I hate resolutions. For me, they are usually more about not doing something than they are about striving for accomplishment. Instead of resolutions, this new year I decided to rework my list of goals.

Semantics. I'm all about it.

I have many goals. Forty and counting. Both long and short-term, covering just about every aspect of my life, personally, professional, physically, mentally, and spiritually. It's all covered at 43Things.

On the site you create your list of goals. Along the way you can add entries about each goal as you make progress or suffer setbacks. You can view how many people have chosen the same or similar goals and get advice from those who have completed it. Other 43Thingers can see your goals and offer "cheers" of encouragement or comment on your entries. You also get five cheers a day to distribute - more, if people cheer you back. It's the definition of the more you give, the more you get.

It's a positive way to get the year started. What are your goals for 2012?

7 comments:

  1. That is really cool Holly. I like that 2 of the top ten goals were for people to read more! Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to write and publish another book, get more articles and short stories published and keep up with the wrte1sub1 exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just making a goal to be more awesome, because when you're awesome all your other goals get accomplished because awesome people just get stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, If I make you my 'awseome' blog buddy will you get stuff done for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard from your blog for a while. Hope you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I've been coveting your human calender widgit, so I'm stealing the idea for my blog. I hope that's okay.

    I really miss your blog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting idea! This year I'm trying to do monthly goals, as it seems a little more flexible/doable!

    ReplyDelete